Taking proper study breaks is important. Taking 5 minutes to drink a coffee and stress about your workload is not going to help you at all. Your breaks should be regular stress-releases. Here are some simple ideas for breaks of all lengths.
If you’ve only got 30 seconds
- Look at pictures of cats/dogs/ducks/llamas/baby donkeys.
- Look at something far away. This is very good for your eyes after reading for a long time.
- Say three nice things about yourself.
If you’ve only got one minute
If you’ve got five minutes
If you’ve got 10 minutes
- Try geoguessr. You’re shown a random location in google street view and the aim is to figure out where it is
- Put on a load of laundry
- Try something new with your hair
- Solo dance party
If you’ve got 15 minutes
- Learn something new on youtube. Music, art, language – there is a tutorial for everything.
- Plan a holiday with Sygic.
- Go for a walk – even if it’s just around the block.
If you’ve got 20 minutes