Every student has his or her pet peeves about the things that happen around campus. Whilst we usually bite our tongues and ignore the aggravating habits of a few, given the opportunity, the Unimelb Adventures community has spoken out and listed the things they wished were illegal (or just found incredibly annoying) around campus at the University of Melbourne.
Here are the top 21 things that the Unimelb Adventures community came up with, accompanied by what is probably your GIF limit for the week.
1. Walking up the left side of the stairs in the Baillieu library when there’s clearly marked sign that says ‘Stick to the right’!
2. Leaving your stuff on desks to ‘reserve’ it in the library during SWOTVAC (for more that 10 minutes)
3. Library renovations during semester #Baillieulibrary
4. Eating any kind of loud or strong-smelling food in libraries and study spaces
5. Unrecorded lectures
6. Two exams on the same day, or four in same number of days
7. Being harassed by hundreds of student politicians during student elections
8. Not being able to gain access to the Baillieu library without fighting your way through a group of activists daily
9. Or Union House as people at Boost have no idea how to form an orderly line.
10. Tutors who never respond to emails
11. The cost of textbooks, even with the Co-op discount #Ididntneedmyotherkidneyanyway
12. Taking the lift to the second (i.e. first) level in Redmond Barry
13. Being forced to take the stairs to level 10 to make it to your tutorial on time as the aforementioned ‘people’ unnecessarily use the lift in Redmond Barry
14. 9am classes. Or even worse, 8am classes
15. When people book study rooms just to hang out with their friends
16. Tourists blocking your path around old quad
17. Anyone walking at 0.01km/h and blocking your path when you’re running late for a tutorial
18. Car parking costs (and the lack of free parking available)
19. Group assignments
20. Students from the next lecture barging in before the previous group has a chance to leave
21. Being denied a free end-of-exam crêpe at Carte Crêpes because you only chose subjects with take-home exams
Have we missed something? Let us know about some of the things that annoy you most on campus by commenting below!